General Sikorsky Clematis Vine - Dark Lavender - 2.5" Pot
Free Shipping With Every Purchase
Clematis General Sikorski, the 1965 winner of England’s Royal Horticultural Society’s Ward of Garden Merit, produces dark lavender flowers with a tint of red, and prominent yellow stamen in the center.
Because it’s a vigorous bloomer, clematis will fill out and add color to your garden or patio containers in late spring and early fall. To plant a clematis vine (potted, dormant or bareroot), plant it 2-4" deeper than the current crown. This means you will plant roots, crown and some of the stem under the soil.
It blooms best in full sun, with a cluster of small plants around the base. Many people simply plant a ground cover like ivy, myrtle, or pachysandra around the plant to shade the base.
Clematis does best in fertile, humus rich, well-drained soil. Mulch well with composted manure or compost.
- Dark lavender flowers with a tint of red in the center
- Produces flowers 6-8" in diameter
- Feed once a month with a well-balanced fertilizer during the growing season
- Hardy Zones: 4-8
- Mature Height: 10-12'
- Full Sun
- Immediate shipping in 2.5" pot. Dormant shipping in winter.
- 1 x General Sikorsky Clematis Vine - Dark Lavender - 2.5" Pot